Thursday, December 5, 2013

How fortunate you are

You say you have been rehashing your career, as has your former workmate .  I have too, and had noted awhile ago, that what I am re-living is the poor decisions I made, and how inadequate I was in certain situations. Never do I rehash the good things that I did or the things I accomplished.  I wonder if it is human nature to dwell on the events in which we see ourselves in a poor light.  When I was attending Physio, after breaking my shoulder, I ran into a young man who had worked for me at Deer Lodge.  He was the department leader, when i ran into him, and spoke highly of the time he had worked for me and the things he had learned.  It was only a few minutes, and was such a pleasurable surprise to me, that I have never forgotten that short conversation. I firmly believe that we need these minutes, made all the more valuable by how seldom they occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment