Saturday, December 21, 2013

'Tis done.

We were out to Selkirk today to pick up the remaining pieces of my show.  Almost too late, but just in time.  We were packed and out of there at 3:55, after having been told that she was locking up at 4:00, whether we were finished or not.  So the babies are home and hanging on the wall.  We also brought home a couple of pieces that have to be passed along to the new owners, but we've made arrangements for all but one of those.  I don't know if I will ever do anything like this again, but it was on my "bucket list".  Now I plan to relax and do whatever I want, in the studio, for the next few months.

I'm not sure what else is on the list.  We made it to both east and west coast of Canada.  In the same year, if I remember.  Having been to Long Beach, on the Pacific, I half want to visit the national park in Newfoundland ( forget the name-Gros Mourne??-doesn't matter)  I understand that it is a wild park with few amenities, so probably not anything I would ever be able to do.  David has been to New York, but that has never been high on my list, in any case.  The only other place I would like to see is the Grand Canyon. We looked into it one year but couldn't quite get the $$ together.  I would like to see Beth again, and we have that scheduled for December of 2015.  I hope you're keeping the last week of that month open, Cathy.  We'll get you a room at the Club Regent Hotel, so start saving your money for extra activities that night.  I am planning a very nice family dinner, possibly at the same restaurant as Amber's wedding reception was held. 

Ah well, it's nice to dream.  For today I am very grateful that we found a drug that helps me to walk. I am grateful that there was enough money in the budget to buy me a bottle of wine--that I am enjoying bit by bit. And I am grateful that I have friends who loan me pieces they love for my shows, how ever nervous it makes them, and other friends who invite me over for tea, when they sense that I just need to get out for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment