Saturday, December 21, 2013

Just filling time

We seem to be in a holding pattern.  Everything that can be done for Christmas has been done, although there will be a bit of a frenzy on The Day.  I've remembered that last year we agreed to "hoist a glass" at 7:00pm, Sundridge time, Christmas Eve.  Shall we plan this again?  Just a few sips of wine in the "Family" glass, and think of each other. 

Often, in "sit and wait' times, I start a new project.  This year I have started a new box to be used in response to a challenge amongst my Ravenesque ladies. ( Make "something" incorporating Celtic symbolism)  Since there is nothing on the calendar until later this afternoon, when I go out to Selkirk to take down the show, I had planned to amuse myself in the basement today.  However,---I read my horoscope this morning and it actually said that I should take time to "tidy the house", before planning to spend time with "artistic friends" later in the day.  I'm not kidding.

No worries about a White Christmas here.  We have more than enough snow.  Shall I load some in a box and send it to you on the bus, Beth? I've even been doing some snow dyeing, for which you need big tubs of clean snow.  In this instance, I am grateful for David's help

 It has been snowy enough that David got fed up cleaning off the car, and we now keep it in the garage.  I am nervous about driving it out of the garage, so this means that he has to get into his parka and drive it out for me whenever I want to go out.   And if you have to go through that, you may as well come along for the ride.  so I have company for most of my trips out.

Thinking of you both, and I'm rememberingmthat McGrath Christmases were always more about family getting together, that big expensive gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment