Monday, December 2, 2013

Windshield fixed

Another trip to North Bay today and we got the windshield replaced - this place pays half the deductible and are very efficient. They drove us to the Mall where we hung out for two hours and exactly at the appointed time our car appeared at the designated spot to pick us up. Lets hope we can avoid any more stones for awhile. Insurance companies do not take kindly to too many claims.
Last evening at 430pm after a rushed supper of pickerel, I took the dog downtown to watch the Santa Claus Parade ( yes, we even have parades in this wee town haha) The Red Brick Café opened up specially so I treated myself to a coffee. While in there a local lady who had written a book was having a signing. I had read about this book and her in the local newspaper but had actually forgotten she would be there. The book is called Chasing Light - Finding a Way out of the Shadows and as the title suggests it is about her struggles to escape from the grasp of depression. I bought a copy and of course she signed it to me, and as I left the Café with coffee in hand, I had this feeling that maybe this encounter was not random. I have yet to read it, but it is a small book and only cost 12.95 so if it enlightens me, all the better but if not, nothing lost. Wednesday we go up again to pick up Aunt Evelyn and go to the Scott Woods Show. She insists on treating us to supper at Swiss Chalet so we will have an early meal, and then head to the venue - we want to get front row seats and it is general admission so will try to be amongst the first to arrive for a choice seat.
Patty I am so glad to see your gallery set up -thanks for the pictures. How often do you have to attend  yourself? And Cathy, are you resting up after your busy busy time? It is great for me to hear from you two all about your activities. I feel as if I am there with you. Anyway, I have a Chai Latte in front of me now and shall sup away at it and enjoy my Christmas tree lights before heading to bed. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment