Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Joint pain anyone?

Seems to be the going thing - at least for us McGrath girls. How do you put the small little backings onto the pierced earrings you have just managed to put into the ear holes when your fingers are not working very well? Suddenly tying my boot laces seems easy even if it takes me about three tries haha
I bought The Beautiful Mystery, and How the Light Gets In by Louise Penny. I have not read anything from her yet and now with your endorsement, I am anxious to start. This gives me something exciting to look forward to.
Today we were in North Bay with all the snow and squalls blowing all around us. The trek up was a bit iffy, but as the day progressed, the conditions improved. Did a few "pick up's" from Harry's KIJIJI surfing. One was a carousel for the Keurig Kcups that he purchased from a lady for $2.00. I bought a box of cups at No Frills on sale and when home, cleaned the carousel and filled it up and voila, I was happy! He also got a few pairs of dress pants free - nice condition but needs a bit of shortening on my part.
Had a visit with Mike and a nice coffee break with him. His girlfriend is in Toronto on a course for her work, and he is off yesterday and today as he worked in Timmins all weekend. He received notice of a rent increase from his landlord, so he immediately responded with another request as to when his bathroom will be fixed. The landlord promised to come himself next week to do the work. Let's hope this is true as Mike has waited almost a year for the half finished renovations to be completed. 
I did lots of shoveling early this morning after the plough went through overnight, and with more snow today, there is more to do. The roof and the sheds will need another cleaning as well.  It finally has sunk into my stunned brain that winter is here for good.
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment