Tuesday, December 17, 2013

How is everyone?

We are all very busy with our own preparations for Christmas as it seems the time is flying by too quickly. I want to embrace every moment I can to sit and relax and enjoy the lights of my tree and the soft sounds of Christmasy music in the back ground - sometimes I put on the DVD that shows a fireplace burning to background music, or candles burning to similar music. I don't know, as I think about it, why I couldn't listen and watch these during the whole year. Granted, I wouldn't have a tree to gaze at, but that wouldn't be too bad.
We shopped in North Bay today to buy all the food stuffs to prepare for the Christmas meal at Mike's. I had to move some bottled items from the fridge to a cooler with ice packs because my fridge would not hold all the fresh veg and fruit etc. I have my outdoor freezer at work as well - two coolers and a box with turkeys, bread, bacon, cookies, and my sourdough buns. I made up all the starter the other day and have as many cinnamon buns as I need, and some other tea biscuits made from sourdough as well. Best part is that I used brown sugar this time and the cinnamon buns are truly delicious. Yummy just for Christmas and all for me!!
I wish to go by myself to North Bay to do a bit of shopping this week but the weather is not cooperating. Today it was snowing and a slow trip on the highways, and the rest of the week looks the same. Wouldn't it be awful if I ran out of days and didn't get any shopping done. I would have to put an old potato into Harry's stocking haha
On Friday I go to Huntsville for my mammogram appointment. I expect that Harry will drive me there and then wait in the car. We may need to do some last minute grocery shopping and do it there. I like the Fresco Store in Huntsville - have you shopped at a Fresco store your way? Anyway, just keeping in touch and hoping you are all fine. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment