Friday, December 20, 2013

I wonder if we will have a white Chrismas?

Today was a terrible weather day and the roads were in very poor condition but it was down to Huntsville for us so I could attend my mammogram appointment. Harry did all the driving which is just fine with me. We did a brief grocery shopping before heading home -mostly to buy something for supper. We decided we would buy ourselves a different meal and then the decision of "what" as we cruised the aisles. Never a good plan. We came home with sausages and gnocchi. I know !!
I ventured up to North Bay by myself yesterday and had a nice day out. I had my shopping planned in my mind and on paper with route and ideas etc to the finest detail but as usual once in motion things didn't go as planned. But since I was in the right frame of mind I just went with it, and eventually had everything done and on my way home. Part of the disruption was an early call from Harry to say the Optometrists office called to say I could come in and get my new lens put into my glasses. It was actually good timing that I was up there as if I couldn't make it before 1130 am I would have to wait until the New Year. So I waited in the office until they replaced the lens with the new one, and of course had to pay $$. Now, I don't know if this was a good thing to replace the lens because the day before I got a call to say I had an appointment with the Opthamologist for Jan 21 and Jan 29 to follow up with the retina problems and with the cataract in left eye. I assume the two appointments together mean perhaps Surgery on the 29? but not really sure. If I have surgery on the 29th then it would mean this new stronger lens in the left eye would be redundant and I would have to get another new lens to adjust for the improved vision. Too much to think about right now haha
Apparently everyone is going crazy for the Lotto Max winnings tonight reaching 100 million??  It won't bother me because I have long since stopped buying tickets - I realized that I was not winning  so stopped all purchases except Ontario 49 with costs only 50 cents a line. I'm still not winning but at least don't feel as if I have thrown away as much money haha. So, sorry if you two were depending on me as your salvation! I may watch a movie tonight before bed to help relax me - I have had that horrible tingy feeling of bladder infection over past two days - I bought a bottle of Cranberry juice in North Bay and drank the whole thing ( 1.36 L) hoping for a miracle. It usually actually helps but in meantime I am feeling blah!
Hope you have a good weekend. Patty I expect you will be retrieving your art work from the gallery. What a wonderful successful show for you. I am so happy it went well and wonder now what will be next for you? and Cathy, wonder what you will do over the Christmas break - do you have two days off or more?  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment