Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas (or Bah Humbug)

Ever since the house burned down I have dreaded Christmas.  Silly I know, but it is how I feel. Last night I went to the Neepawa Community Choir Christmas "event"  It is all religious music, but so beautiful.  Rrain had a solo in one piece.  Not a solo where she stood up in front of everyone and sang, but a solo part while everyone else sang something else and she did her part.  It was sooooo neat.  While they were singing she sang a note, just like an instrument. It changed in tone as she went along and then she sang words that no one else was singing.  I know that doesn't explain it, but it was so neat. They finished with the Hallelujah Chorus.  Everyone in the audience stood. I may not be religious, but it made goose bumps on my arms.  Tomorrow April is coming over after work with her kids.  (about 7:30)  These are the kids that call us Grampa and Gramma.  We haven't seen them in a while.  I didn't know I would miss them so much.  We picked up a bunch of"snackers" for tomorrow.  Jim's goddaughter (kellie) is coming over with her boyfriend.  I warned her that meeting :"uncle Jim" will be more stressful on him than meeting her parents.  (his misfortune is that he has the same name as our cat.. poor boy.. everytime we yell at the cat he will jump)  I am just making chicken bruschetta and salad for supper tonight.   No energy to do anything else.   I live for the down time on the weekends.  Jim is downstairs with a fire .. I am upstairs listening to Christmas music.  Like I said.  I am not religious, but I sure like the music.  Today is the first day of winter.   Maybe Winter will be warmer than the fall has been.   It can't be colder!  Today I am grateful that I have a home and family.  I would not want to be homeless in this weather at this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment