Monday, February 17, 2014

A bit of time on computer

It seems that Harry has a cold so headed back to bed for a few hours until the Women's Hockey game starts at noon for the Olympics. I hope I can catch up on a Quilt Show episode in the meantime - I am behind although the next show with Victoria Wolfe is not supposed to be aired until today - I might be too early - oh no!
I just heard via email from a friend who lives in Petawawa but is currently on a world cruise. Met them in Victoria and have always kept in touch but not really seen them - never been to their place in Pet where they retired when he got out of military years ago. They have just crossed the equator and will be landing in Tonga where the King of Tonga is supposed to meet the cruise ship. She has looked forward to this once in a lifetime event for years so I am happy she is now experiencing it in real time. She will never fly so all their trips have been by train or boat or car. They went to stay with their son in Germany ( he is in military as well) and travelled there on the Queen Elizabeth II. They always take advantage of discounted train trips with VIA that are offered to military personnel. She tells me to look on the VIA site to get a cheap trip to Winnipeg but I apparently need the serving member to participate and Harry would not be doing that ever. So that option is out for me.
We splurged last evening and went out for Dinner. I think I told you that we have exhausted the restaurants here in Sundridge and surrounding area so haven't enjoyed  an outing for awhile. We decided to venture a bit farther and drove west towards Parry Sound stopping at a fine restaurant just past the next town of Magnetawan. Harry had heard of it before by others saying it was very good. It doesn't look super as is tucked in behind bush and buildings as is part of an Inn. It was perfectly delightful. We had prime rib which was the weekend special to celebrate Valentine's Day. And I had a glass of white wine and then Bread Pudding for dessert. They feed the deer and while we were there a family of about six including two small twins grazed on the vegetable discards they had thrown out. It was a nice break.
So today I shall bake some more to rid myself of bananas and then keep organizing boxes of stuff. Hopefully will watch a bit of Olympics - more controversy with judging of Ice Skating so will be interesting to see who wins that - the Canadians or Americans? Take care  

No comments:

Post a Comment