Thursday, February 27, 2014

Birds

Yesterday I separated the two birds into two separate cages. I think I told you that the little blue bird was acting erratic and that the big yellow bird seemed to be assaulting it?  Also Harry thought they were too cold in the front room so they have been moved to the bathroom with the heat a bit warmer. Overnight the blue bird seems to have relayed a bit - not to say it isn't still doomed but there may be hope? They are side by side to provide company which budgies need but separate so the yellow bird doesn't annoy the blue bird. So that is the current situation in my house - there are now two cages in the bathroom and I have to keep the door closed so the cats do not enter - the bathroom is usually their own special place so their noses are out of joint now ! Cleanup still continues here with more stuff moved to the storage shed and more stuff boxed up to take to the Auction house in Midland next Tuesday I think. I have found more boxes of scraps of cotton fabric and so very excited to keep these around and when time allows to start making the scrapy type quilts blocks I have viewed on The Quilt Show.  Last evening I watched Show #1307 with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tim making Scrap Quilts blocks - she has a book out called Scrap Quilts. It was a show from last year but still fed into my excitement from watching Victoria Findlay Wolfe the previous week. So today more work inside - the temperatures are very cold and windy with a touch of snow last night but perhaps more to come today and tonight? My friend Sue wrote an email reminding me of our tentative visit date in the Spring for luncheon with three other girls now. Wow, the numbers are increasing so my little group of contacts / friends may also be increasing? These are all folks I worked with in Home Care and all now retired. What a relief for all of us -Sue told me of the current CCAC (name for Home Care now Community Care Access Centre) "walking" a worker out the door last week not even allowing him to take his personal items with him at the time. He worked there for 18 years ( and with all of us folks) and well liked and respected but there is NO respect anymore from the big shots running the CCACs. Stirred my anxiety a bit with what happened with me at VON almost 5 years ago now - time I let go right? Anyway, have a great day and Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment