Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Milder here too--sloppy in fact--+

A very rough weekend, but I was feeling a little better today, so ventured out to my swimming class.  David has decided that he wants a dual power razor so drove me, planning to shop while I was in class.  A very thorough class, but I made it.  Then David picked me up and told me I had to go to see the things he had selected during his shopping.

He had decided to get a couple of new suitcases, since none of ours were acceptable to the airlines.  Thank Goodness what he had found was on sale. Those suckers aren't cheap! At the same time we picked up a very nice, special, light-weight purse to use.  I think it will be much better than the huge and heavy one I 'm currently using.  The old one suits me for now as I can get an awful lot of stuff into it, but it is so big that I would have to declare it as my carry-on for flying.  After this shopping trip, I was in no shape for the grocery shopping I had hoped to do after swimming, so we bought the bare essentials and I came home and to bed for an hour. This evening I watched that Quilt show that you mentioned Beth.  some neat ideas there, but before you can do that type of piecing, you have to have a barrel of scraps.  I have a few here, should I send them up on the bus? Maybe not, as all I seem capable of these days is the random sewing of scraps.

Since all of this shopping is leaving me so tired and sore, I'm not getting into the studio much.  I spent a bit of time during the holiday Monday down there, but was tired and nothing would go right.  The holiday here is Louis Riel Day.  He is now referred to as a "Founding Father" of Manitoba.  Gosh, when we went to school we were told he was a traitor and hung for it!  

Cathy, you talk about how our lives are so exciting, compared to yours.  I notice you have a significant birthday next month.  It isn't too soon to start thinking about how you want to spend your days, when you no longer have to go to work. I went for a bit of retirement counselling through the EAP through work and felt that I gained quite a bit from it.  Since you are still with the Provincial government, something similar might be available to you.  There really is a lot more to think about than you might be aware of.

No comments:

Post a Comment