Saturday, February 8, 2014

Try again

I have been having trouble blogging over the past few days, but hope springs eternal etc.  A couple of times my lengthy blogs have disappeared into the ether

Today I think I may have overdone it a bit.  My Tuesday Stitchers are coming over next week, and this means cleaning up the main floor. ( Last week I cleaned up the basement studio area for Ravenesque.)  So today, I tackled the bathroom, including scrubbing the tub.  With much whining and complaining, I got it done, without nearly as much trouble and pain as last time.  We tidied up the living room--not really too much of a job, and then the spare room.  I have yet to dust or vacuum, but good progress has been made--and I'm almost beyond tired.   Then I discovered that I didn't have the food I needed to make the supper I had planned, so poached eggs on toast it is.  Sure glad we have no greenhouses to get into shape.

Cathy, you had said something about looking up our resort on the internet.  There is actually a good spread, complete with pictures, and, most interesting of all a huge section of comments from other travelers.  One thing we have found out is that the place is built into the side of a hill ( it is a mountainous region of the country), and there are stairs.  Evidently, there are stairs everywhere.  But we are also told that there are golf carts to take you anywhere you want to go on the resort, and it's a huge resort.
You would have to Google Rui Playa Turquesa in Holguin.

We have had to buy bathing suits and sandals.  David found a very nice suit that is a little more concealing than his red Speedo, and I have bought two more top sections for fat ladies and another pair of black shorts to go with them, so that I now have two shorts and three tops. I'm really finding that I prefer the two piece, as the fit is so much better. I will need a beach cover-up, but they were so expensive at the swimwear store store that I think I'll look in WalMart.  We both need some resort wear, but have to do some calculating as the luggage limit is quite low.  The six "a la carte" restaurants at he resort appear to have dress code, but, if necessary, the reviews suggest that we needn't bother with the restaurants as they are nothing to write home about, although I had wanted something a little special for my birthday  Other times in Cuba, the food was nothing exciting.  It tends to be the same basic food, cooked in many different ways, but considering what they have to work with in that economy, we shouldn't complain.

Otherwise, I am slowly but surely working on the six table runners I want to have for the sale at the quilt show.  The sewing  is much faster than the planning and preparation, but I'm plugging along.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment