Saturday, February 1, 2014

An adventure

Over breakfast, and looking at a day of housework, I saw an ad in the paper for a flea market at the race track, so off we went.  What a mob scene!  Thank Goodness for the handicap permit, as otherwise we would have had to park miles away.  Most of it was the usual flea market stuff--over priced garage sale junk--but we found a couple of treasures.  I now have a new thimble.  It was also over-priced, but I have so much trouble finding one that fits.  I found some jewelry, mainly pins and earrings.  David has now helped take the backings off the earrings.  On one of the bags I found a 50 cent price tag under the $2.00 one that showed, so I have to believe that the prices were raised for this event, but no-one twisted my arm to force me to buy anything.  I also found a booth selling Victorian Epicure.  I have acquired a couple of their dip mixes before, but this was my first chance to talk to a vendor. I came away with two bottles of stuff to try with my roasted veggies.  I tried one with supper, and found it acceptable but not really a "WOW".  We'll see how the other one works out.

The rest of the day was spent in the studio.  I had two projects to finish and post on other blogs, and then start tidying up for the Ravenesque ladies who are coming on Monday..  The following week my Tuesday Stitchers will be coming, but they meet in the living room.  They are a more formal group, and I will have to serve teaand  dainties to them.  The Ravenesque ladies will eat just about anything served.  Sometimes we just dig into a box of Timbits plunked in the middle of the table.

All of the cleaning has to be finished by tomorrow evening, as I have another swim class on Monday.  I have been requiring a nap after my classes, as they are really tiring. It seems that I lost a lot of ground during the two weeks following my recent surgery, when I was doing nothing.   So I want to be able to really take it easy on Monday.  While I was not attending, I made myself a terrycloth wrap to use following my shower at he pool.  Now I am able to have a real shower, and wash my hair, instead of just rinsing off and then showering when I got home.  Thank Goodness, because my skin was really suffering.

Bed time now.  Have a great weekend ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment