Saturday, February 8, 2014

Greenhouses

It has been a long time since you heard me talking about the greenhouses eh?
And so it begins again...........Harry wished to start up the greenhouse today as some of the seeds he planted indoors and now under the grow light system are needing to be repotted and thus out to the greenhouse. I prepared the little greenhouse in the fall so that it would be ready to go when the word was given....so much for preparation. Harry wanted to use the big greenhouse and \I guess he won out as he went to the little one and shovelled away the snow at the door only to find a whole in the one panel of the plastic, and then when he opened the door, the door came off entirely. So panic panic panic and I found the electrical cord and set it up in the house to run outside to the big greenhouse and Harry bought some stripping to go around the door and then the heater was brought from the house and connected, I'll check the temperature when I take the dog out but it had reached about 50 degrees over the day. If it maintains its heat then tomorrow we will put the plants into the greenhouse, We also got the newspaper wrapped geraniums from the basement and most of them were sprouting so planted them into pots and they will also go into greenhouse tomorrow. And so it begins again........
I watched the Opening Ceremonies of Olympics yesterday on the laptop and then part of the Womens Hockey today. I realize now that I cannot plug in the laptop where it is sitting because the circuits are weird in the house and the outlet I'm now using for the heater in the greenhouse is the same one with the TV and the front room wall - and this is where I have to plug the laptop in because that is as far as the internet cord will reach. I have blown the fuse on this circuit many times because of the outside heaters so know quite well what might happen.  Long story short, I take care with all I do in order to help myself manage without incident (at least for the most part haha)
Time for news and then read and then bed - Randy Bachman is on and I always enjoy Saturday night with the radio!! Ain't life exciting? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment