Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Strange weather report tonight on TV

Very humourous just now on our weather - they pointed out a snow warning for Winnipeg of 10 to 15 cm for you folks so I thought that was very kind of them to keep me informed of your weather issues haha  Good you had your driveway done Cathy as maybe it might be filled again? Actually they were showing it to emphasize that this system is headed our way so I can expect the same snows to fall on me as well. Keeping it all in the family?
I went to the South River Fabric store on my own this afternoon - I was looking for a specific book ( they also have an excellent used paperback section) but while there I had a wonderful look around and then another lady I knew came in so we had a conversation together with the owner. It is nice to relate to others. But then I went to check the mail and a car pulled up and lady got out and looked familiar to me but I smiled and walked on only to be called "I can't remember your name" she said, "but I know you" It was a Nurse I worked with at VON in North Bay. She was with her daughter who lives in Sundridge and apparently this gal comes to Sundridge often. She retired last year as she became fed up with things as so many of the "older" Nurses have done and all retiring early to get out of the poor conditions in community nursing. What a shame as it was so good for me for so many years until the very end. So two separate little situations that were very pleasing for me. As you say Cathy, it's the little things that matter so much - as long as we allow ourselves to recognize them, right?  This morning I made two different recipes for muffins - one to use up some bananas and the other to use the wheat bran we bought at the store on sale. Both really good but smart me froze some so I won't have to eat them all at once haha. I started another Louise Penny book last night (contrary to what I told you I was going to read) I forgot that I had bought on Kobo her next book How the Light Gets In another Inspector Gamache novel. So I can get my fix still, and so better get at it right now - goodnight. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment