Thursday, February 6, 2014

Success with laptop

Yesterday I searched for the CBC Olympic site and got it onto my favourites but could not run any of the videos that were offered. This afternoon I took some time and started to troubleshoot a bit. Mike suggested that Adobe Flash Player was often given as an option to download if the video was not working and sure enough with a little searching, there it was and so with some difficulty still I managed to download  that program onto the laptop and when I tested it, success. I was able to open and watch the videos. Then I got brave and tried to log onto the CBC live broadcast of the Games and again success! So now if I wanted to, I could just sit here on the chesterfield all day and all night and watch the Olympics. But then I got to thinking, if I can get CBC now, why couldn't I get it regularly and be able to watch some of the shows I miss since the CBC went off the air on our TV? The sky is the limit when I then realized that I could probably also watch DVDs on the laptop. I guess I shouldn't get carried away but I must tell you how much I am enjoying this little toy haha  We went up to North Bay today - I won some more prizes on the radio station draws that I had to pick up, and we had some other chores to do, and a bit of shopping. We saw Mike briefly as he had to work, but learned he will be going to Petawawa for two weeks starting next week to instruct a snowmobile course. He never ceases to amaze me with his diverse and interesting skillset and what he is called upon to do in his work. I had a scare yesterday morning with my right eye - just after breakfast I experienced what I could describe as lightening bolt flashes of light that lasted for about 30 minutes. I was ready to head to ER but it suddenly quit. I did not have any residual effects like I had had with previous tears and bleeds but for most of day yesterday I laid low and did very little - a very boring day actually. Today I remain unaffected but I am watching things closely. Well, time to read a bit before bed - contrary to what I said above, I won't be watching the CBC on the laptop all night. Here's hoping that you Cathy will be overcoming your insomnia with the help of the clinic's interventions so described in your last message - how did you do the first night? It may take a while to respond so hang in there.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment