Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Milder weather today

And for that reason I cleaned off the roof again - hadn't been done for awhile but with milder temps I was concerned about melting. There is so much snow on the roof this year - my efforts with the roof rake only allows me to clear about 6 to 8 feet up and even with several  cleanings this year, there is a layer of ice and many ice ridges but at least with melting or heaven forbid, with rain, the water won't soak into snow and create dams  causing the leaking - it should run down to the eaves. Should!!
I watched Show # 1404 (Victoria Findlay Wolfe) yesterday on The Quilt Show and was taken with the technique of randomly cutting fabric into small swatches, and sewing them into a piece of fabric which you can cut into a square or whatever shape to incorporate into a quilt. I quite enjoyed watching this particular show as it was something I could see me doing sometime. I am almost finished the book How the Light Gets In by Louise Penny and I think I shall have to get the other Gamache novels - start at the beginning of the series haha  I like her style of writing .I have been following the Winnipeg Free Press and the stories and pictures about the fire at the mansion on Wellington Blvd - what a shame for the family. One can only imagine having a home like that but a tragedy to also loose it and everything in it. Haven't seen much Olympics on computer lately but have been following the results on the radio. I like to watch the curling and hoping both Canada teams do well. Must go for now....take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment