Tuesday, February 11, 2014

How true......

...and it was nice to read your take on my comments as after I sent it I wondered why I might have thought your interest in my real life would not be valued so enough said, and onward and upward we go.....
Just listened to the Federal Budget - at least the CTV hour long news report with summaries and commentaries. I should have stayed in the Search and Rescue as volunteers can now claim $3000.00, however nothing else is going to help me - so sad.
We made a quick trip up to North Bay after going to our rented storage unit. Mike needs all his winter military gear for this exercise in Petawawa coming up at end of week for the following two weeks, It seems we had it all in trunks in our storage unit so hauled it out (of course it was hidden at the back) and took it up.  It was there because some time ago, when he was away on course we got word that the basement of his house had to be cleared out due to Fire regulations. Mike had been storing lots of his extra things down there (only tenant in the house with access) so Harry and I had hauled it all to our storage unit for him. Up to now he has had no need for all the winter gear so it stayed put in storage. We'll likely bring it all back afterwards as he really has little storage in his apartment space and probably won't need it again for awhile.
I finished The Beautiful Mystery last night and for tonight I feel without any purpose haha so I downloaded the Jane Austen book Sense and Senseability  onto the Kobo to read so might start that tonight. By coincidence I bought the movie of the same name in Rebuilt Resources today with intent to watch the movie as soon as I finish the book. That should be fun. I also bought Breakfast At Tiffany's as haven\t seen that in years. I like to see some of the older movies - seem to have more to them than any recent ones-  not that I have seen any recent movies lately.
I'm using the battery on the laptop and just since starting the charge is down to 70 % - so doesn't last long. But it allows me to go onto the computer to check messages without plugging in, and I can always take it to the bedroom to charge when I'm done. The heater in the greenhouse takes priority over the laptop being plugged into this circuit. Speaking of which, it got down to below minus 30 degrees here last night and Harry claims the tomatoes that were about 3 inches high already got frozen last night as they are limp - I think maybe they are just sulking from being transplanted but what do I know haha
The girl who just won the Gold Metal in the Skiing Slopestyle Event today- Dara Howel - is a best friend of Harry's sister's daughter from Huntsville Ontario - they went to school together and taught skiing together so I imagine lots of smiles and congratulations going around that circle of young friends. Time to take dog for a short walk - too cold for any longer - and then 6 pm news on TV and then retire with my new reading material. I'll miss Louise Penny's writing as really enjoyed that book - left me wanting more.
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment