Monday, February 24, 2014

DEcisions made

Sorry to have been among the missing for the past few days.  Neither of us has been happy about the way our days have been going lately, but since my functional level is so erratic, weren't sure how to deal with it. So, a lot of soul searching, and revising priorities.

I have realized that I can't continue to attend swimming class three days a week.  Those days are pretty well lost to me, and I don't get the recovery time I appear to need right now.  So it will  be three days one week, and two the following week, and if there is a holiday, so be it.  This won't be as much activity as they recommend, but I was experiencing so much "downtime" trying to do more, that I think it evens out in the long run.

I have arranged to have my name on the list for knee replacement surgery, as of today.  This will probably mean a loss of range, but hopefully, will also mean a significant reduction in pain and an associated increase in functional level.  Dealing with the pain is just sucking my energy, and David is taking over more and more of the responsibility for our life.  Yes, every aspect of our life.

We will have to train ourselves to more in the way of planning for just about everything.  That will mean going back to our former planned "power cooking", and revising the way we use our freezers.

I don't expect this to be easy, or quick.  I think we will be dealing with this for the next couple of years, given the surgery waiting list.

 Yesterday I had my haircut.  I go to a small "drop in" salon nearby.  They have only recently started opening on Sunday.  There are a couple of women there who do a decent job with my hair, but neither of them were available.  One of the others did it for me last time, and never again, so there was one choice.  She was short, stout, in a skin tight miniskirt, with multiple piercings, tattoos and a bright blue Mowhawk.  Appearance sure didn't mean anything regarding her ability though.  A very nice cut, just swings into place and she didn't use any sort of product--just good cutting skill.  It still looks good this morning.  So one more thing off the list for Holguin.

No comments:

Post a Comment