Thursday, November 5, 2015

Damn clocks!

We had an early doctor's appointment today and needed an alarm. So, just in case---, we set both clocks, and sure enough, we are now in the process of re-booting them. Stupid clocks!  Got my flu shot, though.

It's also that time of year when the streets and roads are covered with geese.  Stupid geese!

We've started a bit of Christmas shopping, putting a bit of a dent in it, but still a ways to go.  Still, it feels good to get a jump on it.  Now I have to think about buying wrapping paper.  I forgot to calculate that cost into the budget.  Stupid, period.

This weekend is the big show and sale with my artists' group.  I have to hang my one piece tomorrow and then work in the refreshment area both Saturday and Sunday.  Other years I have worked selling raffle tickets, as that is a job that can be done sitting down.  But last year, I found myself being given orders by three different women, all of whom seemed to think they were in charge, and all of whom wanted things done a different way. One really annoyed me by  stating quite firmly that we would do the raffle draw later,  after the show was closed, and everyone had left. Then we would arrange to delivery everything. I tried to point out that the lottery license stated that the draw would be done at 4:00 on that day and in that location, and that, legally, that is what we had to do.  Finally, someone on the executive came along and told her the same thing, so she agreed to do it.  Stupid!
I expect that there will be some sort of problem again this year--there always is, but I will know who is in charge of the work I'm doing, and also know that she is an intelligent and organized person.  Unfortunately I also know she is going to be out party-ing Friday night.

Whatever happens, David has greed that we can go out for supper on Sunday, after it's over.  He has won cash on 649 the last two weeks, but I don't really expect him to spend the money on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment