Friday, November 20, 2015

MRI

I got the results of my MRI today.  It seems I have a tear in  my achilles tendon.  I have already spent well over $100 on drugs and braces that  Blue Cross doesn't cover, and now I am supposed to get a brace to immobilise my ankle. Blue cross has never heard of this and so the pharmacy faxed in a pre-authorisation request for coverage but I haven't heard anything yet.  The brace is also well over $100 and I am just out of money.  If blue cross will cover the 80% I could take it from another bill for a while.  I really am getting sick of having one thing after another go wrong.  Okay, enough whining.  My Winnipeg trip is from December 6 to December 11.  They have booked me into the Raddisson.  That is the closest hotel (for walking) but also the most expensive for eating.  Just can't win.  I have no idea of my time table, but I will probably be working 8 to 4 so should have some free time.  We head to Killarney on Sunday for Chloe's birthday.  I couldn't find anything she wanted in Neepawa, but I picked up a couple of things to tide me over.  There will be things at the craft sale next weekend and maybe when I am in Winnipeg (and of course a Missy Mousie!!) for Christmas.  Tim and Cheryl called last night and wanted us to go to Edmonton for Christmas.  They even said they could get a flight back to Winnipeg by the 27th but I can't get anymore time off at Christmas.  Maybe next year with more warning.  Jean is holding a community supper again this year so we will be there for Christmas day.  Anyway, I am counting down the days until we are together.

No comments:

Post a Comment