Sunday, November 29, 2015

What to say

It has been a long couple of weeks.  I am learning to walk with my walking boot.  I don't have any shoes of a corresponding heel size so I am walking a bit lop-sided.  I am getting good on floors and can do stairs and have figured out a method to get into my truck, but Ice still scares me.  I don't feel stable on it.  Meanwhile, I broke another tooth on Thursday night, BUT when I phoned on Friday morning, miracle of miracles the dentist was working on Saturday and had an opening at 1:30.  Of course I was committed to work at the craft sale from 7am to 6pm but what the heck.  I said yes and worried about coverage at the craft sale later.  The sale seemed to go okay.  I read a couple of vendor evaluations and they seemed pleased.  Maybe others will say different.  One regular at our sale said it was the best she had ever done at any sale anywhere!   Today we do our annual Dicken's reading of A Christmas Carol.  I have to supply 100 cups of wassail (hot apple cidar) but I think my reading will have to be transferred to someone else.  I have no voice left.  It has been going all week but I had hoped it would be better by now.  Oh well. If I can't read I can either go home or get the treats in the kitchen ready.  Tim wants Jim to go to Edmonton for a few days.  He wanted both of us but my holidays are committed to after Christmas.  We really can't afford it, but Rodney is driving out for a few days on December 11 and if Jim went with him he could either return with Rodney after a few days or Tim has offered to fly him home later.  I think he should go even for a couple of days.  Of course I don't know if Tim has cleared this with Rodney yet.  They would leave on the 11th which means that I wouldn't see Jim from the time I left for Wpg until he got home from Edmonton, but I still think  he should go.  You never know when things might happen and they would never see each other again. I am counting the sleeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment