Thursday, November 19, 2015

Winter's here--

"Nuff said" about that, but a hot topic around here lately is "Why are the geese still here?"  Well, maybe now they'll move on.  Stupid Geese! Every area with a bit of grass has been covered with them, as well as more than a few roadways. Stupid Geese!

Since we had the ducts cleaned I have been sleeping much better.  It's wonderful to have energy, but I can't seem to focus on anything, so still end up accomplishing very little out of my agenda, although the house is looking good.

It's blowing and snowing outside, and we are staying home today, so David made a batch of shortbread to put away to age.  He makes it and I bake it.  Fair enough.  The oven is becoming erratic, and anything baking needs to be watched carefully.  I hate the idea of needing a new stove, but it is 10 years old.  Remember when we thought a stove bought for our first house would last as long as we did? Not doing anything about it right now, but we're aware that our toaster oven is going to need replacing as well, in the near future.

We did "bite the bullet" and replace my laptop yesterday.  We have arranged to have the fellow come out and set up the new one in a couple of weeks, but in the mean time, I can still use my new mouse with the picture of a fox on it. ( there was also one with an owl on it and I thought of you Beth, but chose the fox.) I don't think I'll ever learn to use a built in mouse, so plan to continue with my remote one as long as I can.  David's remote is on its last legs, so he will inherit my old one, which is fairly new.  My old laptop was a good one, and has lasted for many years (?10 or more?), so we stuck with the same manufacturer and a similar model.  I did see a couple of neat ones with only a keyboard and everything else built into a separate monitor.  They appeared to require a traditional mouse, as all of them were displayed with one attached. David says that these are the new version of a desk top.

I have wondered if my old one might still have some life in it, or if it could be reconditioned for re-use.  It's a question to ask the guy when he comes out.  It hasn't completely died. so I'll still be able to use it for awhile, and what I'm seeing might just be a symptom of a nasty virus, but either way, replacing it was the less expensive alternative.

In Manitoba, the government provides free mammograms, every two years, to women between the ages of 50 and 75, so I'm covered that way for a few more years.  Nasty procedure, but worthwhile, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment