Sunday, November 8, 2015

One banquet down

Last night was the Legion Annual banquet. One of the members there got his 70th pin and another his 65th.  I don't think I will match them!  I read some poems from a book called The Barbed Wire.  It was written in a POW camp in Germany.  I was asked for 15 to 20 minutes, but I could tell some members were dosing off so I cut a couple out.  And Ivan Trail kept getting cell phone calls and answering them very loudly.  It really threw me off at first but then I ignored him.   The food was good as always.  The usual roast beef, mashed potatoes, peas and corn and gravy, but they had some really good and unusual salads that I enjoyed.  We spent 3 hours yesterday morning going through the Whitemud Sheds.  We have gathered a lot of "garbage" over the years.  I think there were over 30 doors,  lots of flats for building sets,  tons of wood, old clothes, old shoes.  Our plan is to downsise to one room at the VCC and one small shed.  The back of our truck is full of stuff for VCC and Jim is supposed to pick up a few more things this afternoon.  I really think we need some younger members to do some of this work. :(   Today is supposed to be quite nice so we hope to finish up some of our yard work. It was so miserable the last little while that we seldom ventured outdoors.  It is mostly putting furniture away and taking down the solar lights.  We  should get it done before we have to go to town to do other peoples stuff.  Whitemud is doing the Dicken's reading again this year so there is a run through at 2pm and I still have to meet with Kristy about the craft sale.  She is going to the Grey Cup instead of working all day at the sale.  I think she really should get her priorities right :).  Jim is up.  Time to get going.  Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment