Sunday, November 22, 2015

You are so fortunate

How did he hear that it was on sale? What a great deal for you and I expect you are thrilled to be able to fill your freezer.  We don't have Safeway Stores here, but we have gone into the Metro Store (new name for the old A&P Stores) in Huntsville a few times and have found some good deals on occasion. Most times we just look at the roasts on the shelf and shake our heads. We actually have not been eating too much meat anyway. I still have some pickerel fillets in freezer - I had some for supper Friday night, with fresh broccoli and really enjoyed the fish. Soon I shall have consumed all I have and not likely to get more - we bought it right from the First Nations Reserve on Lake Nipissing but they are not gill net fishing anymore since a ban was imposed. Someone (?) was abusing the process and many fish were found dead in the nets and just left to rot. Since they are trying to renew the walleye fishery in the lake, it was thought best to ban for awhile.
I have been eating choc chip cookies all weekend but I didn't want to mention it because I feel a little guilty - I shouldn't. I should be loud and proud to bake and eat Edna's cookies. Maybe we should start a new trend! Besides there is nothing better to boost one's mood than eating Edna's cookies!
I powered up my KOBO Ereader this afternoon - hasn't been used for ages since I started to go back to library books, but thought the reader would be nice for the bus.  Took awhile to charge, and then download the updates etc. but it is now up and running again. I thought of buying the new Louise Penny book you mentioned Pati, on line from KOBO, although I still have a few others unread in the reader still. 
Well, this poor old body is suffering from all that shoveling, so it's off to bed and read.  Here's to another good week for all of us - the last week in November and then it is December. I think I am travelling somewhere in December? I must check my social calendar to find out where.....haha!
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment