Thursday, November 12, 2015

finally--something to talk about

Today we had the ducts cleaned.  Exciting, eh?  My allergies have been bothering me more and more, to the point that, one night last week, I ended up sleeping in the recliner, because I just couldn't breathe lying down.  It took about 3 hours, and wasn't cheap, but probably hasn't ever been done before,in this house.  But they needed to access every vent, both for warm air and cool return.  This meant quite a lot of turmoil.  This made me realize that all of the "paper" we keep in the house was probably as much of a problem as the dirty ducts. (David says that all of the fabric is just as much of a problem, but I prefer to believe that I minimize that by keeping it in plastic tubs.  Talk about denial!!) I decided to start in the computer room, as one of the bookcases had to be moved to access a vent.  Using the Keep, recycle, donate, and garbage system, I filled at least four laundry baskets and totes with"stuff", and only dealt with half the room.  I was brutal.

Here's a picture with the bookcases half done. I haven't started on the computer desk.
And below is a picture of the bookcases.  All of the shelves had been stuffed like the three on the bottom right.  All of that stuff on the bottom right shelf, and the floor in front of it, is family photo albums.  We keep talking about getting together and going through them, but it never seems to happen.  I'm going to go through them and save photos of Mom and Dad, us, and our children.  I don't think I'm going to keep pictures of various people from before we were born, or people I can't identify. ( Although Dad was a good looking guy back then) Does anyone have a problem with this?  


No comments:

Post a Comment