Thursday, November 26, 2015

Why?

For several days all I did was shovel, and clean off the roof and try to manage the piles of snow accumulating. Last night and today it has rained and now the snow is almost gone (not quite) I had to put back all the drain pipes I had removed when the snow came, and although I have NOT yet set up the sump pump outside again, I have shoveled water a few times at the front. I may have to get the pump out after all. I am already tired of it all and it is only Nov 26. Speaking of which, one month today I shall be on my way. Not that I am counting haha. I walked up to the bank and Foodland and the Lottery Store this afternoon, and the 2pm bus coming into town from the south passed me on the street. I realized that it will be that very bus I shall be taking one month today up to North Bay, to connect with the Greyhound bus coming from Ottawa and travelling west.  And that thought made me smile!!!
We have reserved a seat for ourselves at the annual Legion Christmas Dinner for December 25.  We go for 11 am for fellowship and sing song, and then the meal is served at 12 noon. This will be just fine. We will have a Christmas Dinner without the fuss at home, and we will get back early so I can get myself ready for departure the next day.  It should be fun.  It was started years ago to provide a welcome place for those who might be alone on Christmas Day.  I have heard that it progressed to include any one from Town who wishes to join in, and apparently is quite popular, thus the need to make a reservation.(for a headcount to estimate how much food to make I guess)
Today I finally finished taking the paper off stamps for Harry. A few years ago he bought bags and bags of stamps, and only this summer and fall started to do something with them. At last count he has over 40,000 already sorted and put in envelopes. Today, I sat and emptied the last box full of them. Tedious work to soak in water and then carefully remove the stamp from the paper, and lay each stamp out on tea towels to dry. 
So time for bed and reading. How are things with you folks. Similar weather ?

No comments:

Post a Comment