Wednesday, May 25, 2016

A suggestion

Cathy, we are going to be in Carberry the afternoon of August 12th, for a couple of hours.  We will be working at a fibre art show in the lower level of the Town Hall.  If you thought you could meet us there, I could bring the dishes and tea mug with me.

In your last post you sounded a little re-assured about this new manager. Is that so?  I know you had been apprehensive.

Today, we met, yet again, a rude lady at the tile store.  She had been quite forceful in telling me that I needed to use a bright white grout with my new tiles, and having thought about it, and consulting our contractor, I had decided that I wanted a grey grout.  We have grey now, and I'm happy with the way it looks against the tiles.  As well, I think it might be easier to keep clean in a kitchen setting. When we spoke to this woman today she actually said " But I told you that you would need the bright white grout".  I simply responded with" I know you did".  And without another word she changed the order form.  Prior to that little chat she had chastised us for not bringing back her samples.  She'll get them when I'm finished with them.

And on the way home, we bought a new dishwasher, with a delivery date in July.  It appears to be a nice one, with features that please us both, and the salesman told us that it had been on sale last weekend, and he would honour the sale price, which was almost 50% off.  So we used the money to buy an extended warrantee.

Then I started on the lists I was talking about.  Two pages, but I realized that most of it would have to be at almost the last minute.  Most of the basic preparation, to do the jobs, is gradually being done as we prepare for the garage sales.  This was a bit of a relief and made me feel re-assured, as well.  I actually may be more on top of things than I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment