Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The Ball is rolling

We had our first interview with a contractor today, and have arranged for our first estimate to be done on Thursday.  We have bought our tickets on the roller coaster, but not yet boarded the train.

Today I went for tea to a lady who knew Lorraine, and had worked with her at the Crafts Guild. I've known her for over 40 years, myself through the Embroiderers' Guild and the Quilters' Guild, but never that well. I had run into her at the recent Quilters Guild meeting, and she invited me over as she said she had something of Lorraine's she wanted to give me.  What it turned out to be was a small bag, almost like an eyeglass case.  There were several pins related to her rug hooking, and it contained her actual working rug hook.  Two of the pins were miniature rug hooks, and are so-o-o cute.  Quite a souvenir, and very welcome, as, and, you may not know this, I have quite a collection of pins myself.  However, I'm willing to share, if anyone is interested.




No comments:

Post a Comment