Saturday, May 28, 2016

More of an adventure than we anticipated

No problem getting to the quilt show, except there was a huge plant sale on at the same place. What a zoo!  I ran into many old friends there.  Sort of sad in a way.  I'm just so out of touch,

Then we headed further west on Bishop Grandin Blvd, heading for Route 90.  I was stunned at how much the South West Corner of the city has changed.  Unbelievable.  Then North to St. Mathews.  The map was slightly incorrect.  What it showed as a parking lot was a construction site and we bottomed out trying to get through.  Then it was into the back door of a building.  I wondered what we were getting ourselves into.  But once we got inside--Heaven!  I could have spent a fortune.  But I found exactly the beads I was looking for, right away.  We spent a few minutes looking around, but a successful trip.

coming home, we needed to get to the corner of Regent and Lagimodiere Blvd.  David said that he had heard that the Louise Bridge was closed for the weekend, so we headed for the Provencher Bridge. Guess which one was closed.  We ended up coming through St Boniface on Marion St, and ultimately made it home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment