Saturday, May 14, 2016

Today's adventure

Nicer today, but still cold.  While we were out yesterday, we had left one or two things on the "to do" list undone. So right after breakfast we headed over to River Heights to buy some tea. Of course, we bought far more than was on the list, so I have a couple more types to test out over the next while.  On the way, I heard an ad on the radio about an event at Ten Thousand Villages celebrating Fair Trade Day, and remembered that one of the ladies at my fibre art group had said that she was the featured quilter at an event there this month, and suggested that we take a side trip over there on our way home. We went in, and when I enquired was told that the quilt event isn't for two weeks.  But David suggested that we stay and look around.  We spotted a Henna tattoo artist and David asked if I would like one.  So we did it--on the back of my left hand--the price was certainly right.  I picked it out of a book and while she was working asked her about the symbolism.  Certainly I agree about the moon as a symbol for the feminine, but the rest of the story I'm a little suspicious about.  The star as a symbol of the masculine and the sun as the symbol for over all godliness or overall good.  Could be true.



Also while she was working on it, David looked around and found some hangers that we think will work very well with my fibre wall hangings.  We bought three and I'm going to try them out.  If they work, I'll see if I can pick some more up when I go to see the quilt show at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment