Tuesday, May 24, 2016

I'm red faced with embarrasment

One of our tasks for today was to pull out the casserole dishes we had in the pantry, and see if any any them would be suitable for the June 4th garage sale. David actually had to climb into the pantry, and then use my cane as a reacher to get the ones on the top shelf. When they were all gathered we had 17 of them.  OMG!  Who the heck needs 17 casserole dishes!!?  More than half of them are hand thrown art pottery, a love of mine.

My friend Gail phoned while we were doing this ( the "royal we" again) Evidently she has a love for this sort of hand thrown pottery, and I've promised her first refusal on any we sell.  In the end, we kept 4 of them, including one that Cathy had made for me through her friend Brenda.  I think you've been to her studio, Beth.  I know there were two made, but we haven't yet found the other one.  I wonder if it maybe got broken.  But I found the fancy coffee mug I bought from Brenda so it all works out somehow.

Well, we now have somewhere to store my kitchen dishes while the construction is going on.  ( all that extra space in the pantry)  But--what in the world am I going to do with 13 extra covered casserole dishes?

Yesterday, I found two special round boxes, similar to hat boxes.   These are each a set of three nesting boxes, and every one of the six boxes has a little tray for odds and ends that fits on top, just under the lid.  I knew the boxes were on a shelf in my studio, but had forgotten about the nesting part.  I believe they were meant as needlework boxes, and I had bought them at the needlework store many, many years ago.  I won't tell you what they cost, but I'm pretty sure I got them for a special price. ( I hope)  I plan to offer them at the June 22nd garage sale, and if they don't sell, I'll keep them.  I think they're really neat, even if I don't have a use for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment