Saturday, May 7, 2016

Busy day

Why?  Two things. I have been plagued by lethargy lately, and having trouble sleeping, as has David, as we are both bothered by the dryness and the pollen.  So I took a Claritin this morning.( spell check insists that I'm talking about a clarinet)   Wow!  I suddenly looked up and realized that the sun was shining and the birds singing.  Hot Damn!

The second thing is that, as is sometimes my habit, I decided yesterday to write up a job list in an effort to focus my thoughts. Well, with my extra energy I have turned that into a series of concrete, time framed goals, and have started working on an action plan for each.  Doing this over my morning tea, was almost like writing "morning pages".  I certainly covered enough pages!

One item is a "garage" sale at the LQG in June.  I signed up for it in hopes of selling some of my "Molas",  hand worked pieces that come from the Indians in the San Blas Island off the coast of Panama.  I've collected these over the years, and Mr. Findlay brought some back from his trip up the Amazon.    But Loren and Sheila claimed them, and I was more than glad to see them stay in the family. So, down to the studio and more sorting, this time it included packaging, and pricing.  I think I've gotten rid of four more boxes.

While I was doing this, David got the bicycles ready for riding.  Took mine out to the street and tried to ride.  Not going to happen, as there just isn't enough range of movement in my left knee.  But that may be fixable, so back to the exercises I was doing after the surgery.  But while I was out there, I found enough energy to sweep the garage floor.  Once I got it into a pile, David had come and take it away by the shovel full. So I did get some exercise today.

Now, it's time to look at a couple of other things on my job list.  

No comments:

Post a Comment