Thursday, May 19, 2016

Progress??

Having reached the point of "sit and wait", relative to the renovation, we're looking at the up coming garage sale with Amber.  We had cleaned out the upper kitchen cupboards, and some of my china cabinet in the basement and spent time this morning pricing, and wrapping everything for transport to Amber's house. Last week I made up a lengthy "to do" list for both the sale and stuff around here.  As of this minute, it is finished, but I'm sure it will fill up in a hurry.  At least I get to rip the old one up before starting on a new one.

In mid-April we noticed a new "Nails" shop opening in the small mall across the street. ( Interesting that the one further down the street has changed its hours to match the new one)  Well, I haven't been happy, lately. with the spa I've used for over 30 years, so on Tuesday went in and made an appointment for yesterday morning.  Not only did they do my toes, but also my fingers, for less than half the price I've been paying way across town, but the actual service itself was much better.  I was impressed.  I was also impressed with the obvious expense they've gone to, to set themselves up.  It looks like they're there for the long run. (Yeah, I know the equipment is readily portable and easily sold).  While I was there two more women came in saying things like they had just noticed the signage driving by.  Both of them were taken in immediately, ( they advertised that they accept "walk-ins), and one even dragged her husband in for a pedicure.  An older scruffy-looking fellow came in asking for a massage, but they got rid of him quickly, and with expressions of disgust.  I was particularly interested to find out that they will simply cut toe nails for $7.00.  I've been paying someone for pedicures, as I just can't do it properly, so this is a big deal for me.

Today we have to go out to mail a letter, but that's all, so maybe I'll get some studio time.

No comments:

Post a Comment