Thursday, May 12, 2016

Not much going on here

We've had more contractors in.  this always means a bit of work.  We had been warned that there was a strong possibility that they might need to look in the attic, to see, and plan for routing electrical cords.  This meant clearing everything out of the closet in my auxiliary studio ( read spare bedroom).  So, all of my seasonal clothing is now in the computer room.  They also wanted to see the basement, and the current routing of the plumbing.  (Read tidy up the laundry.)  But that is now finished.  David and I have agreed to limit our decision  making to only two of the companies, and we have one full quote in, but are awaiting the second half of the other.

The diet is a struggle this week.  I'm wanting to pack it in, and give myself a "diet holiday".  Yeah sure!  Like I would go back to it again later. But I've managed to limit the "splurges" to half a serving of cake at Baked Expectations on Monday and a one bite brownie at a meeting yesterday. This meeting occurs about six times a year, is over the lunch hour, and is devoted to some educational aspect of Art. ( Note the capital "A")  Yesterday was a documentary about the life of Jackson Pollock off the internet. In the past we have had difficulties with sound whenever we have taken anything off the internet, so, just in case, I took my little external speaker.  Sure enough it was needed.  Then everyone said they wanted one and where did I get it.  It took the wind out of their sails a bit when I told them that we got it free with an oil change at the local Chrysler dealer, and that it was worth about $6.00.

Otherwise, we have started planning a garage sale with Amber, and the general sorting and clean out of the basement studio continues.  I now have a pile of scrap fabrics upstairs that are to be cut into 2 1/2" square to go toward making charity quilts. I have some dishes stored around the house that will go for the sale, but not a lot else.  Amber says that adult clothing goes well at this sale, so some of my many, many jackets may disappear.

I'll keep you up to date on the renovations!

No comments:

Post a Comment