Monday, May 23, 2016

G-a-u-lle-e-e!

What a storm!  Our first thunder storm of the season--I think.  If memory serves me there was a forecast for a thunderstorm in January, but I don't remember if it actually happened.  In any case it couldn't have been a "gullywasher" like this one.  It woke both of us up.  The rain was so heavy that we couldn't see across Munroe.  There was wind as well, and some of the rain was blowing sideways.  We needed the water, so I hope some of it soaked in and it didn't all run away.  This was about 12:30-1:00 and everything was dry when we got up.  My only concern was my new little table outside.  The instructions said to protect it from rain.  Sure didn't happen.

Spoke to Loren and Sheila last evening, and they both expressed that the quote we got couldn't be much better. Neither of them could see any red flags, so I feel quite confident going into our meeting tomorrow morning.  We have chosen our tiles.  The main tiles will be plain gloss white, as we had before, but 4" square rather than 6" square.  I opted to keep a vertical line going through them, but rather than the hunter green, I've chosen one inch tiles in frosted white, and textured white, glass.  These little tiles are over $28.00 sq ft., so I'm glad it will take less than 2 square feet, but the square tiles are quite cheap, so it all balances out.

It's been quite warm here, and the house is often between 78 and 80 degrees by bedtime.  I've had to throw out my housecoat, and only have a very heavy fleece one with a hood left.  Yesterday we went to Walmart to see if I could find a light summer "something" --cheap.  We did, but the best part of it was that it came in a smaller size than I've worn in a long time.  Guess this is a reward for sticking to the diet.  However, we both know how difficult it will to carry on once we have no kitchen, which will last for 3-4 weeks.  David says that we should just eat out during that time, but I don't think he's really looked at the cost.  So I think some planning would be in order.  One thing I plan to do is buy turkey breast and chicken breast and cook it off and freeze it in single portions  That would go a long way to helping, as would cooking off and freezing some rices in single portions--both for me and for David.  Beyond that, I haven't yet put together a strategy.

And today I clean the bathroom.  Oh Goody!

No comments:

Post a Comment