Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Contract signed.

E-Gad!  We just got on the roller coaster.  Haven't left the station yet, but that's coming fast.  I'll know when we start rolling as we're told we should soon get a phone call from the manufacturing side of the company, giving us a delivery date for the cabinets.  We'll have about 5 weeks to get everything ready from this end, before we lose the use of the kitchen.

Knowing how limited energy has become for both of us, the next step, for me, is to make a list of everything that has to be done and divide it up into weekly and daily chores.  I know myself well enough to know that if it isn't done that way, something important will be missed.  Right now effort is mainly directed toward the garage sale June 4th.  Next I have a garage sale through the quilters' guild on June 22nd. But if we're truly looking at a 6 week delivery date, there is a lot more than garage sales to worry about.  And I have an art sale in Pinawa the weekend of July 16th--about 6 weeks from now.  I may have to drop out of that, but I hope not.

We have agreed that it's unrealistic to look at eating out for 3-4 weeks, so I have to come up with a plan that will let us eat at home, given the resources we have.  One thing for sure, we'll be buying paper plates during out next big shopping trip.  There is no way I expect to be able to wash both cooking utensils and plates using the bar sink.  I'll also have to empty the bar, but with having gotten rid of many things in the store room, I have shelf space for the items currently on the bar top.  I just don't have anywhere to plug everything in, around the bar area.

Arg-g-g-h!  Better start thinking about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment