Saturday, May 28, 2016

Shopping

We were up early this morning.  The local Rona store had a special on with no tax on purchases ( total purchase) over $100.00.  so--we bought:  a new ceiling light c/w a new dimmer switch and LED light bulbs, a hood fan to match the new kitchen, and a new kitchen sink (double) and a matching faucet c/w spray attachment. Originally we had planned to go shopping next Tuesday, as seniors get 10% off on the first Tuesday of the month, but this gave us even more savings.  So the garage is getting full of garage sale items and new purchases.  The plastic money is smoking.

Out grocery shopping yesterday, but because of my meeting in the early afternoon, didn't get to the grocery store until going up 4:00.  Don't try to grocery shop on a Friday afternoon, especially when trying to use a scooter ( a necessity in a huge grocery store like this)  Today we have frozen individual servings of chicken, pork and home-made hamburger patties, and have a batch of chili in the slow cooker.

But all of this organization, and busy-ness has got my stress level up.  I saw the first sign a few days ago, when I realized that my hair was falling out again.  This hasn't happened since I left work.  So this afternoon I've asked if we could go to see a quilt show at 10,000 Villages.  This is the one I thought I was going to see two weeks ago, when we found the celebration including henna tattoo and wall hanging supports. And then I would like to go and buy some beads. ( Like I need more beads!!!)  This could turn out to be an adventure, as my favourite bead store has moved into a very strange location, and although I have a map, it may be a challenge to find.

And supper should be fairly easy, as David plans to eat the chili.

No comments:

Post a Comment