Thursday, May 12, 2016

Frost is coming again

Just when I thought there would be a reprieve, the weather decides to bring more frosty night for this weekend. But to be prepared, is to conquer - I hope. Have a plan to cover up this time and not crawl around in the dark like happened last week. We lost a few plants though, mostly the hanging Tumbler Tomatoes. These are hard to find and grow, but I guess we shall have to buy some this year to replace the frozen ones. Worked all day in the yard last few days - I like to get out and putter around and see satisfaction in the results. I set up another little table with two chairs in the BBQ area - I can use this sitting area for early morning coffee perhaps?? The lily of the valley are shooting up now, and leaves showing on the trees. Won't belong before it really looks like things are "alive" Have to be sure to enjoy every moment I can this summer as I was not impressed at all with last winter's weather and will need a huge store of happy memories to face that thought again come late fall, haha! 
So whats new with you folks? I am going to North Bay to do some chores today and arranged to have a coffee with Mike - he gets off night shift this morning so will want to sleep a bit.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment