Sunday, May 8, 2016

Running on empty....

I think that all that has kept me going for the last week in sheer energy.  Work sucks...... nuff said.  Friday was the Gala event  at the Arts Council... for two years we have been working on a facilitated program of organisational identification and re-branding.  Friday we unveiled our new identity as
Arts Forward..... (Learn Create Share)  It was a long time coming and a lot of effort went into it (mostly by Rrain & Kathleen)  Then it was off to the ACTFestival at 7am Saturday morning (It started Friday but we were double booked)  It is always so invigourating to see what everyone else is doing.  As one of the adjudicators said, however unintentional, it was a weekend theme of death. All the plays seemed to have that theme and most were comedies of some sort.  The first play Sunday morning was a 30 minute monologue that was mind blowing.  She got a standing ovation from everyone (and it was started by the adjudicators!)  What a performance!  The others were good in their own way, but she was outstanding.   Then home to reality.  Tuesday I have to go to Winnipeg for a meeting  but Jim managed to arrange his doctor's appointment for the same day so we will only have to make one trip.  After that I am "free" for a whole month.  (Free as in I am not committed to anyone else)  I am looking forward to concentrating on my own life for a while.  Now I will make a sandwich for lunch and think about housework,... Just think...  not do :P

No comments:

Post a Comment