Saturday, May 21, 2016

Just a day at home

Spent most of the morning with housework.  My plan was to reward myself with a coffee from Starbucks and some time sitting in the garden, and reading a book, while drinking my coffee.  Worked out until I got home with the coffee and discovered David out in the garden.  so I had to put the coffee aside and get the vacuuming done while he was outside.  The coffee was then cold, so I put it in the microwave, and then headed out.  By this time the wind had picked up, so reading was difficult, and my little table was covered with ants.  Knowing my plans, David had brought the new sun umbrella out this morning, but with the wind it was too dangerous to put it up.  Then I tried the coffee.  It tasted burnt, whether it was burnt in the first place or as a result of the microwave, I don't know.  I drank it anyway, after paying Starbuck's price for it.

so the plan for tomorrow is to get out there earlier in the day, before the wind and rain that is scheduled shows up.

Awhile back I talked about trying to get myself organized by making a series of long range goals to keep me going for the next six months.  I reviewed them today, and was pleased to see that I'm making progress.  One deadline was "by the end of May"  and that task hasn't been started, but there's still a week to go.

So I better get down to it.  At least, after this morning, I don't have to worry about too much housework over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment