Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Here's to adventures- my kind!

To Huntsville again this morning for the usual round of stores ie Habitat ReStore, Can Tire gas bar, Salvation Army Thrift shop, the Mall Tim Horton's. Coles. and then Metro for groceries and a quick stop at the Dollar Tree before coming home.
But today I purchased, and I am very happy with what I bought -extremely happy! At the ReStore I latched onto a boxed set of five paperback books called Romance Classics ($2.00). The set includes: Jane Austen's Mansfield Park; Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre; Anne Bronte's Agnes Grey; Thomas Hardy's Far from the Madding Crowd; RD Blackmore's Lorna Doone; and George Eliot's Middlemarch. I have been looking for Middlemarch for a long time now. At the Thrift Shop I was astonished to see the VHS movie Mame. Another oldie movie (1974 -cost $1.00) that I have been looking for - this is with Lucille Ball. Bea Arthur, and Robert Preston.
Most days I find nothing, but today was my day to find treasures! Perhaps you could argue that the above "treasures" may not fit into your idea of "wonders found", but for me they are.  I shall cherish the books and read at my leisure,and I shall enjoy watching the movie again after so many years. And the price for both is especially satisfying. 
I just came in from outside where I covered and secured all the plants for what is to be another freezing night- hopefully the last for the next week which is showing higher temps and sunny days. So tomorrow will be spent carrying all the plants from the inside of the house, the two greenhouses, and the grey shed to outside, and uncovering those that are covered with sheets.  It takes a long while, but it should go smoothly as I am prepared with a good, positive attitude. haha!  But for now, it is time for bed. Happy, happy, happy. Take care 

No comments:

Post a Comment