Monday, February 27, 2017

A wonderful day

Spent most of it working on my latest piece.  It's been ages since I had the opportunity to spend a whole day on studio work.  It's not yet to the point of a photo, but it is just about ready to use as a sample for my beading class on Saturday.  I'm excited about this piece, although all has not gone smoothly.  Saturday I worked hard on it during the evening, and when I looked Sunday morning, I realized that the beads I was using were just not of good enough quality.  They were not all exactly the same size and it showed.  I knew a visit to the beads store in St. James was in order, but of course, when something like this happens I end up treating it like life and death.  I checked the internet and sure enough the store was open on Sunday, but I had my ATC group from 1:30 to 3:00.  What to do-what to do??  Panic.  Well, David ended up driving me to the ATC group, and then with a detailed ( very detailed) list in hand proceeded to the bead store.  Then he drove to back to the restaurant, gave me the beads ( to check them out -no doubt--they were perfect), and sat down and ordered his lunch, sitting a few tables away, with his book in hand. So I had my beads to use last evening, and all day today.  I didn't even go out for coffee, today.

Tomorrow, I had thought I was to pick up a piece that has been on display at a local physiotherapy clinic, and then out to Selkirk to pick up  the pieces there, but at the meeting of my art group this evening, I found out that the pick up at the physio clinic is actually 8:30 Wednesday morning. OMG!  That's before breakfast!  But we'll do it,  So tomorrow we have a road trip.  In anticipation we bought gas this weekend, and filled up the jerrycan for use either in the snowblower or the lawn mower, whichever comes first.  But we did it just before gas jumped by almost 10 cents/litre.  Thank Goodness!

I adopted my new life style March 1, 2016, so Wednesday is the one year anniversary.  It's also the day I go back to phase #1.  I plan to review my plan.  I have become lazy again this month, and have lost very little weight, so need to have along talk with myself, and purposefully wear my tightest trousers, just as a reminder.  Lately I have been very good with my meals, but have tended to "graze" a bit.  This is old behaviour, and I get in trouble every time it creeps back into my life.  I also have to keep more vigilant about temptation, as I've proven to myself that I'm not yet strong enough to resist, and even one bite of "forbidden fruit",  and I lose control.  Thank Goodness, I will be back to phase #3 by my birthday, and can have a glass of wine.

But now it's almost time for bed.  I'm tired tonight, probably because I'm no longer used to concentrating on work for a whole day.  A "good" tired.  And tomorrow is my "baby's" birthday!  My first born! But of course, I'm far to young to have a child that age  (snort!)

No comments:

Post a Comment