Saturday, February 11, 2017

this and that

Gosh, Cathy, sounds like lots going on in your neck of the woods.  I'm glad Rrain has sorted out her car problems, but it sure has taken awhile!  I didn't know you had a new kitten.  What have you named it?  Whenever we go to the library we pass a house with a cat tree in the front window, usually occupied.  I miss having a cat, but know that it just isn't good for us right now.  Give yours a special snuggle from me.  You too, Beth, please let yours know he is loved.

I've been having a lot of difficulty and pain walking lately. Back to using a cane, and considering getting out the old walker. Yesterday, I called my doctor and was told to go to Urgent Care.  They diagnosed a bursa in my right hip, and gave me a cortisone shot, which worked very well.  They didn't take x-rays.  He just said that they could, and he could tell me that the joint looked terrible, but since we both know that already--why bother? Gosh, thanks for that!

Wednesday evening my fibre art support group met.  There was a lady there for the first time, although she has been a member of the blog group for awhile.  She brought some work that she had done after taking a workshop on Craftsy.  This was a workshop that I had started a couple of years ago and quit after the first couple of lessons--in disgust.  Well, her work was a revelation to me, so I went back and took another look at the workshop, and have spent part of today, working on the class project.  It is so far out of my comfort range that I'll probably never use the technique, but explorations like this are part of my plan to re-invent myself, so I feel good about having done it.

Otherwise it's "same old, same old".  I work in the studio, and  David reads,and lately, has been enjoying a car renovation-based channel that was on for a 30 day trial.  It's gone now, but he really seemed to enjoy it, watching most of the day and evening.  We go out to the library, and Starbucks, just about everyday.  I picke dup the new Stone Barrington book today. We've also been getting coupons from Sobey's/Safeway.  We get them in the mail and off the internet.  The manager of the local Sobey's told us that the coupons are chosen for us, based on our shopping habits.  We have been having fun, but only buying things we use, and collecting Air Miles.  The miles we collect can be redeemed for groceries, and we've been making out like bandits.

However, I do wonder about "Big Brother" knowing so much about us that they can predict which grocery coupons we'll use.  Scary in many ways.  But now supper is finished, and the kitchen cleaned up.  Time for poker!

No comments:

Post a Comment