Wednesday, February 8, 2017

I have become obsessed

I just have to share this!

I decided to take an internet course on machine sewing.  It is absolutely wonderful!  I'm all "gung ho" about doing some of this sort of thing.  The homework from the first class was to stitch out a sample of every stitch my machine does. It's taken most of this week but here are all of the samples I finished.

I also learned a lot about my machine.  One thing I had to try was couching down some cord, using my cording foot.  I've never used this before-didn't really know how, but the instructor promised us that we'd be using it in further lessons.

Here it is with three strands of the cord going through the machine.  Not good.


 You can see how the stitching got all bunched up.  Won't try that again!

 And here it is with one strand of cord.  Just about perfect!

I'm so excited about this!  With my hands deteriorating more and more, this may be anew direction for me.  Can't wait to finish the course, as I've seen some of the finished product--beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment