Friday, February 3, 2017

Burning plastic

Shopping today.  My weight is down again.  I'm losing about 5lb/month.  I'm now down to just about the weight I was before I got pregnant with Loren--almost 50 years ago.  But at the weights I am now, 10 lbs means down a size in clothing, not like before when 30-40 lbs meant one size.  I went through my wardrobe yesterday and put aside 8 pair of pants that are now in danger of falling down while I'm wearing them.  In fairness, 4 pair, with drawstring waists, were bought before I started dieting.  So I went to buy a pair of cheap jeans, figuring that this, with the five other pair I have left would last until spring.  Wouldn't you know they had a sale on--buy one get 50%off another.  So I have two new pair of jeans, one dark denim and the other black.--and both a size smaller than I've been wearing.  I've also been thinking about the word "dieting".  I've been at it long enough, that I can actually see it as a"lifestyle change", so should maybe start using that phrase, to reinforce my way of thinking.

There was also a stop at Fabricland. I have registered for two different internet classes that involve machine stitching with patterned stitches. I'm quite intrigued with this process, and I can see a fair bit of potential for use in my work.  But a lot of the preliminary work involves making samples, and this takes a lot of fabric, particularly heavy duty fusible interfacing.   I used what I had--bought many moons ago, but needed more.  I had some that wasn't fusible, and did a cost analysis of using that adding an iron-on fusible web. Not worth it! So considering that there was a big sale on, went out for more.  I couldn't find what I wanted but asked, worried that they no longer carried it.  Luck!  They had a bolt in the storeroom, and the time to search it out for me.  So I bought enough to last for several years, and still paid less than $50.  

Beth, I sense your concern about your eyes.  this has been going on for awhile, and I'm glad you're now able to start doing something about it. We have a very good healthcare system, but the delays can  cause un-necessary worry.  Please let us know how it turns out.


No comments:

Post a Comment