Friday, February 17, 2017

Lily Festival anyone?

Surprise as we were driving in North Bay today, didn't I spot a semi trailer (GardeVine on front) with the entire both sides of the trailer decorated with  Neepawa , Manitoba  Lily Festival  and paintings of large Lilies etc all over the side.  I was thrilled.  I felt as if I should acknowledge myself in some way as to knowing all about it and having actually been there to celebrate, haha!
Harry and I both went to North Bay as I had my appointment with TD this morning, and even as prepared as I was with numbers and questions, I do not feel as if my concerns were fully satisfied.  The Financial Advisor I saw ( the first time meeting him) was also prepared with spread sheets etc and seemed knowledgeable but when I started to question the rationale outlined,  he did admit ( not having been the Advisor who originally managed this profile)  that he might have done it differently.  I believe I left him wondering - maybe he'll follow up with someone else there and maybe he won't.
It is becoming very mild and next week should be above zero and sunny.  Perhaps it will start to make a difference with the snow and we'll see some melting.
Pati you really did have a busy week but I sense that there were some positive results for you - even if these were peripheral to the main events?  Is this why we must always have an open mind and look for opportunities where ever we go and with whom we are interacting?  Hoping as you start to develop these new ideas, that you will be able to share.  
Times here are being more or less monopolized lately with planting and greenhouse tending. Little time to do hexis etc but I did finish one Greeley novel and started on a Flavia novel.  I looked up Greeley on the web to see a list of his books and saw his obituary as of 2013 - sorry to see that as his novels have had a big impact on me. I will still continue to read and enjoy all of his series.
Well, time to do dishes, and then bed time.  I expect I'll win the Lotto Max lottery tonight. I'll be sure to call you when I do.  haha!
Have a good weekend both of you.......Take care XX

No comments:

Post a Comment