Tuesday, February 14, 2017

today's adventure

This morning we had to pick up Loren and Sheila at the airport.  This is the first time we've had to drive in and park since all of he many renovations.  The differences were obvious.  While we found parking, it was oriented differently to what I remember, and this resulted in us parking behind the Greyhound terminal.  It was a long cold walk to the actual air terminal, and when we got there, discovered Handicapped parking right outside the door.  We had a bit of time, so I went back and moved the car.  ( My walking is much improved since I got that cortisone shot into my hip on Friday) Inside we had a clear view of the arrivals area, right in front of us.  So was Tim Horton's, so we bought a drink and sat a one of about 6 little tables to one side Tim's.  As it turned out we were able to see the arrivals coming down the escalator, from where we were sitting, and waved to Loren and Sheila, then stayed where we were. After they picked up their luggage it was a quick walk to the car.  I really like the newer layout.  It's so much easier to find things and get to where you want to be.

We have reached the time of life where a lot of our appliances are wearing out ( small as well as large).  I keep my fingers crossed every time I use the washing machine, we replaced the electric can opener about a week ago, and the toaster oven when we did the kitchen.  My lovely glass topped range is showing its age, and I had to replace my Duchess Mug as the dishwasher is taking a toll on it. ( I use it every day) Today, on the way home form the airport, we had to drive right by the tea store, so we stopped, and went in (David and I had planned to go there after dropping the other two off).  We found a very nice Bodum coffee maker, for about the same price as I had paid for the old one, about 20 years ago.  The metal parts on this one are copper, and I think it's beautiful.  The metal parts on the old one have become so loose, that it's no longer safe to use, and we had been talking about getting a new one, just yesterday. Never made the connection that the tea store sold coffee paraphernalia as well.

Loren and Sheila had a great time in Jamaica, but you both may know that, as I understand he kept his Facebook page up to date.  They were both beat by the time we saw them as they left Jamaica yesterday, and spent last night in Toronto.  The rented a hotel room, but only got about 3 hours sleep, given the schedule of the airport shuttles.  I'm sure we'll hear more about the trip later.  Loren is off for the rest of the week. although Sheila goes back to work tomorrow.  Loren told us that both his children are having dental surgery this week ( wisdom teeth), and Gillian will be having general anesthesia, so he will be on "Dad duty" tomorrow.  Amber had the same trouble, but she was a couple of years older when she had the surgery.

So we're home now, hopefully to stay, but will be up early tomorrow for  doctor's appointments.


No comments:

Post a Comment