Friday, February 17, 2017

Very busy

and I'm not used to it.  This is making me crazy.  Tuesday we had to be up early and pick up Loren and Sheila at the airport.  Wednesday morning we had an early ( 6:00am) doctors appointment, and then I had a meeting of the Quilters' Guild in the evening.  It was the  34th anniversary of the start of the Guild, and several of the original members were there.  A couple of them I hadn't seen in years, and it was wonderful to touch base.  Lots of hugs!  But, boy was I ever tired by bedtime!

Yesterday I was out of town all day, sitting in an art gallery and talking to the people who came in ( total of 7 of them, 4 of whom I knew well and didn't have to share any info about the show, as they were part of it). There were a couple of other ladies there, for whom I almost automatically slipped into "therapist" mode.  I don't like it when that happens, thinking that it is almost condescending on my part.  But really--what is the alternative?  One of them had brought a very spiritually based book to read, and wanted to discuss the wonderful church she has been attending over the past year. WE had a chat with a gallery worker about the use of "obey" in the marital vows.  A "hot" issue for me, personally.  Another lady had brought a colouring book and wanted advice on what colours to use.  They were both forthcoming about the support group they attend, and how much they enjoy it.  Overall, we spent a pleasant day together, but, by the end of the day, I was exhausted.


But--Ta Da!--at the gallery yesterday, I found information on a technique that really intrigues me.  It is within my physical ability, and interesting enough to challenge me mentally.  I can hardly wait.

Checking the computer before bed, I found an e-mail that meant that I had to start all over again preparing a report for a meeting this afternoon.  By the time that was finished, I was all wound up.  I have spent years getting office politics out of my system, and don't want to go back now.  I have plan, but can't fully activate it for a couple of months.  I'm looking forward to the day.

Tomorrow my artist group has organized a small "Play Day".  I will have to be there part of the day, if not all day.  But then the "week from hell" will be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment