Tuesday, February 21, 2017

More errands

My Stitchery group was cancelled today, as most of the ladies couldn't make it.  So some "found time", and I started on the ATC's for my group meeting next Sunday.

We had to go to the Bulk Barn over at Leila and McPhillips today, as ours is still "under renovation".  We tried to get what we wanted at the Vita Health store nearby, but they didn't have it--a recurring problem with that store, which makes me wonder if business is so bad that they're having to minimize inventory. Then back our way, stopping at Rona to buy "clear glaze" for the alcohol inks pieces I've been working on.  Then to Starbucks and home.  Well, a big bag of sliced almonds ( $8.57, according to the bill) was missing from our bag.  So David is off to go back and either get the almonds, or his money.

My new book arrived today.  "Textile Nature" by Anne Kelly.  I'm always concerned when I buy books based on the synopsis on Amazon.  There's a lot of crap out there.  But at first glance this appears to be worthwhile.  So I have something to drool over, while drinking my coffee.

Today was the funeral of the bus driver who was murdered.  We saw a bus that had " Rest in peace #521" across the movable electronic route sign on the front of the bus, and any other buses we saw had black ribbons tied to their outside mirrors.  Pause for thought.

So quiet times now, until Friday, when we grocery shop and pay bills.  At least, with the frenzy of housework around here, before the meeting was cancelled, my house is reasonably clean.  So a simple supper and maybe an evening playing poker.

There is something in the mail.


No comments:

Post a Comment